Liz in Disney

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

and now for my role in show..

So this morning we met at 8:30 to get our job roles...Well..when they first gave me mine it said I would be working in Epcot at the American Adventure (which is the America part of the World Showcase)..and the guy told me I'd be wearing a colonial dress and a bonnet! I got really excited..but then I went to get my schedule and find out more info from my key person and they told me I'd be working in Futureland..so I'm kinda confused..and will find out more tomorrow..so far they have me training in 4 different areas..but we'll see..as for brian..he got Magic Kingdom..in Tomorrow Land..He's pretty excited to be working in Magic Kingdom..although he said he would've rather been working on Main Street..which I don't know why because it would be CRAZY busy!
Then I found some bad news..our friends and family discounts have black-out dates..which means..i can't get any family or friends in the parks..or use any resort discounts from Dec. 25- Dec. 31...I was pretty upset to find that out because thats when my family was planning on coming down..so now we have to figure something else out. I might still be able to get discount tickets..but not free passes.
We also signed up for classes today. Me and brian are both taking one of the Exploration..and is about Diversity. we only have to meet 2 hours each week on thurs....which i guess garuntees that day off for us together.
Anyway, tomorrow me and brian both have the same time to go through "traditions" which is kind of the intro to job training. After that we should know even more about our jobs..I have off on thurs., but then I begin training on Friday-Wednesday..and the hours are all at least 8 1/2 hours! yikes..Brian has off Sunday and monday..so he got lucky! Everyone wil be working on my first day off! my roomie has off friday- sunday..so i think tomorrow night we are going to go to MGM studios! woo hoo! as for tonight..well it started raining..and is supposed to keep raining until tues...darn hurrican ernest...we have to go get brian's hair cut..and i have to find some professional clothes for tomorrow! fun..not really.
so thats whats goin on with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home